The world has changed since Veritas first moved into the Smyrna Nissan Training Center (2006), the Trim Café (2012), and the Body Café (2013). In particular, the COVID era changed how financial services are used. Despite much of the world going remote in 2020, Veritas FCU remained, open and present, for our members.
Since early 2021, a majority of our members who work in the plant have been migrating to our beautiful new facilities, across from Gate 3 at 685 Ken Pilkerton Drive. This new HQ has also given family members easier access to us, and members tell us they are enjoying the drive-up service and drive-up ATM. In June 2022, we made the move to having only one Smyrna branch. However, ATMs will still be available for Smyrna Nissan employees at the Battery Plant, Trim Café, Body Café, and Brown Bag. To talk with a person face-to-face, please visit our branch at 685 Ken Pilkerton Drive. We’re also excited to announce that beginning July 15, 2022, our HQ branch will be open on Fridays at 6:30 a.m.
And of course, you can bank 24/7 with VFCU eBanking and/or our app.
It doesn’t seem like much of a “courtesy” to charge a fee for insufficient funds. Isn’t it better just to get the NSF fee if my account is running low?
None of us like fees. It’s best to keep enough money in your account to pay your bills, but sometimes things happen. When they do, our Courtesy Pay system steps up to help.
With our Courtesy Pay system, any time funds are not available, our system pays the item and then charges a fee. You don’t have to have our Courtesy Pay.
Without Courtesy Pay, when funds are not available, debit card transactions get denied, but we can’t deny a preauthorized charge (automatic payments). Either way, you’d still get the fee for NSF or insufficient funds (AND, you’ll get a fee from the vendor that’s trying to get their money from your account). So Courtesy Pay can save you money.
- Ensure enough funds are available in your account to alleviate courtesy fees altogether.
- Know when auto drafts are to be withdrawn so you can deposit money, if needed.
- On eBanking, set up an alert for when your funds get low.
- Check your account balance frequently so your account doesn’t drop too low.
- Ask one of our MSRs to set up back up accounts for you. We first pull from your share account. If funds are not available, we go to your Line of Credit. If that’s not available, you can set up other back up accounts that you have.
- If your funds do get too low and you can catch problems early, they are much easier to resolve. Talk to us, and maybe we can help.
Yes, we do have an easy-to-use mobile app! Enjoy secure and ultra-convenient banking through our app. Available for Android, iOS and Kindle Devices.
The Veritas FCU Mobile App is fast, convenient and free and allows users to:
- Check account balances
- See recent activity and view history
- Transfer funds from account to account
- Transfer loan payments
- ePay your bills from the app
- Control Debit and ATM cards
- eDeposit by taking a photo of checks
- See data graphs of your spending habits
- Find ATMs and shared branches
- Log in with biometrics finger touch
- See favorite account balances without logging in
- Set up custom alerts
Learn more about our Services.
You can get our mobile app on Google Play and in the App Store.
Federally insured credit unions, like Veritas Federal Credit Union, offer a safe place for credit union members to save money. All deposits at federally insured credit unions are protected by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), with deposits insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. Credit union members have never lost a penny of insured savings at a federally insured credit union. Additional information on National Credit Union Association (NCUA) share insurance coverage for consumers is available at MyCreditUnion.gov.
A credit union, like ours, is a not-for-profit business, run by a volunteer board of directors on behalf of its members (not customers). When you deposit $25 into a share account of our credit union, you inherently become a member of Veritas Federal Credit Union. Our not-for-profit status means after expenses are paid and reserves are set aside, surplus earnings are returned to YOU in the form of higher dividends, lower loan rates, and free or low-cost services.
Credit unions are part of a worldwide support network that shares ideas, information, and resources. This network includes (among others) shared branches, state credit union leagues, and a national trade association (Credit Union National Association or CUNA).
Find out more about a share account.
Find shared branches near me.
Veritas FCU belongs to a co-op of credit unions which gives our members special benefits. Shared branching allows members of one credit union in the co-op to perform a range of transactions at another credit union. If you’re traveling or move away from a VFCU branch, you can find another credit union in the co-op (a shared branch) nearby. Use their services just as if you were sitting in one of our local branches, at no charge to you.
Find a shared branch near where you are.
If you’d still like to write checks instead of getting a cashier’s or teller check or transferring money digitally, you can absolutely order your own checks, through ordermychecks.com.
Most likely, you’ve exceeded Regulation D, a Federal Reserve regulation that states you may not use your savings account as a transaction account. Savings accounts are limited to a specific number of electronic transfers per month. These transfers include: online banking or transfers on the app, ACH payments, and overdraft transfers to checking. Best practice is to be sure there are enough funds in your checking account to cover monthly expenses. You can also set up other back up accounts if you’ve exceeded Reg D. For example, we can pull from your Line of Credit or other authorized accounts. Contact an MSR to help you get back up accounts set up.
If you’re looking to purchase a different vehicle, fill out an application to see how much you pre-qualify for. When you find the vehicle you want, let the dealer know you’re pre-approved and ask for a buyer’s order. Bring that buyer’s order to us and we’ll cut you a check for the amount of the purchase.
We have a dedicated line for Bill Pay Support: 844-357-8886
Here are a few ways you can find a surcharge-free ATM near you, no matter where you are:
- Click on Branch/ATM Location Finder. Enter the zip code of where you are searching for an ATM. The results show any ATMs you can use surcharge-free.
- Text a ZIP Code to 91989 to find nearby ATM and Shared Branch Locations. (Standard message and data rates may apply.)
- Call 1-888-SITE-CO-OP (888-748-3266) to find a location by telephone.
- Download the CO-OP ATM / Shared Branch Locator app: iPhone or Android
Note: A red CO-OP sign will be on surcharge-free ATMs.